Sunday 7 April 2024

THE RECORD COLLECTION. POST #1 THE CHAMBER BROTHERS **SAMPLER**


 When I was in the 6th form at school I had the lucky opportunity of 'going flatting'.

My dad took up a contract with the Catholic Church Wellington Archdiocese to manage the building that they owned in Taranaki Street which housed their administration. It was a 3 storey building (mostly still standing) that had a 4 bedroom apartment as a penthouse that my parents and two younger sisters moved  into. My brother and I stayed in the family house in Vogeltown but still met up each afternoon/evening at the apartment after school (me) and work (him) for dinner and contact. As you can imagine this gave us two a lot of freedom to do things that  adolescents want to do.

My brother bought a stereo system - probably a Philips but I can't remember. I do remember that it was more powerful than the radiogram that the parents had.

He bought all his crap and I, on a more limited budget bought my 'good stuff'. One of the 'good stuff' albums I bought was a 1960s compilation album that had a lot of the hippy, beat and rock anthems of the time including 'Time' by the Chamber Brothers.



This song and the effect it had on me was .....



THIS HAS BEEN A SAMPLER TO ASCERTAIN INTEREST IN A 'THE CURMUDGEON RECORD MEMORABILIA' SERIES. DEPENDING ON POSITIVE COMMENTS THIS MAY (OR MAY NOT) BE CONTINUED WITH.

3 comments:

  1. What can I say? I guess it comes down to a scale that would contain a gradient of options like:
    Yes please, great!
    Okay.
    Maybe.
    I'm not sure.
    Don't know.
    Maybe not.
    No thank you.
    No.
    Fuck off!

    I think I'm going to go with 'No'.

    Richard (of RBB)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Your input is appreciated and logged.
      We will of course wait for the many other readers to make submissions and then will collate the results and decide on the best path forward.
      The Curmudgeons Inc. takes pride in being transparent and fair and indeed, democratic in our offering to our (many) loyal followers. Stay posted.

      TC

      Delete
  2. Go for it. I'll have a listen during the day as I mop.

    ReplyDelete

TAYLOR SWIFT'S MUSIC IS SHIT

  Readers may have noticed that I'm an old bastard and, while I like music in many different styles and genres I haven't kept up to ...