Wednesday 2 February 2022

TINY DESK

This is good:


ROBET PLANT AND ALYSON KRAUSS


Robert Plant and Alison Krauss collaborated on an excellent album about 15 years ago titled Raising Sand. It was very successful and won lots of awards but best was that it was great to listen to. One of my favourite musicians and producers, T-Bone Burnett produced that.

The pair were often slated as being an unlikely combination given their difference in age and and musical background but just have a listen to how their voices combine and I'm sure you will see that they were made to be a duo.

They have just released a new album, Raise The Roof, again produced by Burnett.  Once again the voices meld perfectly with the songs and Burnett gets the best performance from them along with an absolutely complementary band.

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do.



 








6 comments:

  1. I read the post and listened to the melded voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does melded mean in English?
      meld \MELD\ verb. : to blend or mix together : merge.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Yes, they sing very well together. I listened to the first part but will come back and listen to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had another listen. Great sound.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How would a teapot solo fit in with that?

    ReplyDelete

TAYLOR SWIFT'S MUSIC IS SHIT

  Readers may have noticed that I'm an old bastard and, while I like music in many different styles and genres I haven't kept up to ...