Sunday 22 September 2024

TESTORE - ROBERTO O RICCARDO

 


Here is an extract from the opera like wot I wrote today.

The opera Testore - Riccardo o Roberto is in seven acts but I'm told that this might be a tad too much for the in-cognoscenti who make up the readers of this blog so I have taken a piece from Act One.

The principals are Riccardo a music teacher of some renown known as Ei-Tu! and one Roberto, one of his pupils and a religious zealot and wannabe priest known as Fermare Il Ladro!

Act One - scene one - a music studio made out of some unused stables at the back of Riccardo's house:

(singing)

Riccardo: Ah Roberto, Roberto cazzo!

Roberto: Roberto cazzo?

Riccardo: Roberto, Roberto cazzo!

Roberto: Roberto cazzo?

Riccardo: Si, Roberto cazzo. You have taken -  my name -Testore.

Roberto" I have taken your name - Testore?

Riccardo: You have taken my name -Testore.

Roberto: Testore?

Riccardo: Testore!

Roberto: Testore?

Riccardo: Testore!

Roberto: Ah I see.

Riccardo: Si?

Roberto: Si!

Riccardo: A member of the damned.

Roberto: The damned?

Riccardo: The damned.

Roberto: The damned?

Riccardo: A calumnious member of the damned!

Roberto: Infamy!

Riccardo: Infamy?

Roberto: Infamy!

Riccardo: Infamy?

Roberto: You've all got it in for me!

Riccardo: That's an old joke Roberto but carry on.

Roberto: Carry On?

Riccardo: Yes,  Carry On Cleo. 

Roberto: Riccardo, take my hand.

Riccardo: Take your hand?

Roberto: My hand

Riccardo: I'll take you hand Roberto ...

Roberto: You'll take my hand Riccardo

Riccardo: I'll take you hand Roberto ... with the help of my sword.

Roberto: Your sword?

Riccardo: My sword!

Roberto: Your sword?

Riccardo: My sword!

Roberto: Belcanto? 

Riccardo: Spirocore Weich.

Roberto: Belcanto?

Riccardo: Spirocore - Spirocore - Spirocore Weich.

Roberto: Spirocore Weich.

Riccardo: Spirocore Weich.

Riccardo severs Roberto's outstretched hand with his sword made out of beaten together strands of Spirocore Weich strings.

Roberto: I forgive you Riccardo. I love you.

Riccardo: Cazzo.


TO BE CONTINUED





13 comments:

  1. "Riccardo: I'll take you hand Roberto..."
    Did they teach you English grammar in 3P?
    I doubt it.

    RBB

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are singing in Italian - blame Google Translate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rigoletto in Auckland was superb. Great singing, acting and sets. We had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just hope you wore appropriate clothing. Auckland standards are different than those in Whangarei. When you go to the opera, you're not going out in your kayak.

    RBB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wore my oppossum/merino vest which is really nice but Lynn desrcibed as "and old man's cardie". I tell you ...

      Delete
  5. Well, you are an old man.

    RBB

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, of course, am younger.

    RBB

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the key of F ***?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Better to enter heaven maimed or minus a limb than spend eternity in damnation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not if it's run like North Korea and you have to spend every day sucking up to the leader. No thank you.

    RBB

    ReplyDelete
  10. Silly boy, where did you get that idea?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing happening on this blog.

    ReplyDelete

TESTORE - ROBERTO O RICCARDO

  Here is an extract from the opera like wot I wrote today. The opera  Testore - Riccardo o Roberto is in seven acts but I'm told that t...