Sunday 11 September 2022

GRACE

 On Sunday mornings Robert, no doubt, goes to mass somewhere (he doesn't stick to one local church for some reason) and will sit uncomfortably listening to readings from a fictitious diary and whatever the Vatican wants him to hear this week in the propaganda disseminated by the guy wearing a dress in the pulpit.

I prefer to have my own spiritual experience listening to some nice music.

I generally default to choral music whether classical - Canon-type or modern choral - like Carl Orff's Carmina Burana or even EnigmaMEA CULPA - ENIGMA


This morning though I played Magnificat by Arvo Part:

ARVO PART - MAGNIFICAT

The soaring vocals spread through the house (The Old Girl is in Russell so I played this loudly through the Tannoy speakers in the snooker room) while I baked bread and prepared breakfast.

This is my 'religion'.

Robert might disagree though so here's another song, maybe more appropriate to my 'state of grace'.


IT'S A SIN - PET SHOP BOYS







5 comments:

TAYLOR SWIFT'S MUSIC IS SHIT

  Readers may have noticed that I'm an old bastard and, while I like music in many different styles and genres I haven't kept up to ...