Sunday 1 November 2020

"I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MUSIC. IN MY LINE YOU DON'T HAVE TO" - Elvis Presley

 They call me the Music Curmudgeon* but I must admit I don't know a lot about music - not in the academic or technical sense anyway. I am one who delights in all manifestations of the Terpsichorean muse or, if you like  "Ooo, Ah lahk a nice tuune, 'yer forced too!"

MONTY PYTHON - CHEESE SHOP

I used to keep a fairly good collection of music in LP and CD form but in recent years I've given in to technology advancements and now access music via YouTube or other digital providers. The sound fidelity isn't as good as when played through a decent system but then, my hearing certainly isn't what it used to be so it doesn't matter. I get enjoyment listening to favourite jazz, opera, classical, rock, blues and 'pop' music without over-analysing (yes, that word does include the word 'anal' in it) it. I leave that to others.

In our blogging community there a  a couple of jokers (to be honest they are the only two others in the community) who know a bit about music and frequently use up all the space in their blog posts on it.

SOME OLD MUSIC GUY

SOME OTHER OLD MUSIC GUY

I skim-read these in case there is something of more interest than for example Paganini's fingering technique and am often disappointed. I convince myself that, in Richard's blog, this is justified as, after all it is titled "RICHARD'S BASS BAG" but, for the life of me I don't know why Robert bangs on so much about it given that he calls his blog "ROBERT THE APATHETIC SINNER".

I'll leave this to them though which usually ends up in a big scrap which is always interesting.






* Actually I just made up that name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAYLOR SWIFT'S MUSIC IS SHIT

  Readers may have noticed that I'm an old bastard and, while I like music in many different styles and genres I haven't kept up to ...