Sunday 10 November 2019

"SEE THOSE DOLLAR BILLS GO WHIRLING ROUND MY BED"

I've written a few posts about Patti Smith over the years. Here's one of them:

STILL GOOD AFTER 37 YEARS

I still listen to her music and would love to see her in concert again.

Patti Smith is coming to Auckland in April 2020 to perform in the excellent and intimate setting of the Auckland Town Hall.


Unfortunately I heard about the concert too late and when looking on-line for tickets to an extended show discovered that all of the upstairs seating was sold out and there was only standing room downstairs. I'm too old and infirm to stand in a 'mosh-pit' at a concert nowadays so that wasn't a consideration. Another thing that wasn't a consideration was the cost. $200 a ticket - to stand while being jostled by a whole lot of dickheads who probably don't know half of Smith's music.
Now that sounds arrogant and it actually is but I first started listening to Patti Smith in 1976 on the release of the first album HORSES and have bought or listened to all of her music since so I sort of feel that I have some investment here.

Further investment of $400 (The Old Girl wanted to come as well) plus the cost of her flying Wellington/Auckland return, the cost of me travelling Whangarei/Auckland return and the cost of accommodation in Auckland (we will have either sold or rented out the apartment by then) makes the whole exercise unaffordable.

Shame that. We need some: FREE MONEY


8 comments:

A DIAMOND IN THE SMOOTH

  Richard (of RBB) mentioned in his most recent post that he would be playing violin at a wedding this weekend. "I'm off to a weddi...