Tuesday 2 April 2019

JUG JUG TO DIRTY EARS*

I see that The Rolling Stones tour in USA has been cancelled/postponed due to old Mick's health problem.


MICK JAGGER - HEART SURGERY




Well, they are getting on a bit. Mick Jagger is about 10 years older than me and there's no way that I could cavort around on stage the way he's been doing for years.

I was watching the British comedy programme 8 Out Of 10 Cats where Sean Locke compared the Rolling stones to a line up of Toby Jugs.  Funny.

Sean Locke


The Rolling Stones


Toby Jugs

The funny thing is that Toby Jugs have been made of The Beatles:


The Beatles in Toby form
And old Mick has been immortalised the same way:


Mick Jagger







* "Jug Jug to dirty ears" - from T.S. Eliot's The Waste Land



The change of Philomel, by the barbarous king

So rudely forced; yet there the nightingale

Filled all the desert with inviolable voice

And still she cried, and still the world pursues,

“Jug Jug” to dirty ears

3 comments:

  1. I wonder if they will make Toby Jugs of the four Prowse brothers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've already had a modelling session. The mugs should be out in about July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I guess the design work would have been easy - just a photograph.

    ReplyDelete

TIME - A RANDOM LP SELECTION

"I've been mad for fucking years. Absolutely years. Over the edge..."  I'm pleased to announce that in a poll conducted on...