Thursday 21 December 2023

LOOKING FOR SOME CHRISTMAS MUSIC?

 Well, here's an idea:


Did you play that at high volume? Good as it needs to be loud to get the best of the pounding beat.
The punk style reminds me of The Sex Pistols from a generation earlier. Its manic and apocalyptic video set in a dingy and claustrophobic bedroom adds to the brain-numbing intensity of drums and screaming lyrics. All good stuff.

'Breathe' by The Prodigy was first released in 1996. That's almost thirty years ago! When it first came out it seemed as if society was doomed and that it was the end with the singer screaming out:
"Breathe with me
Breathe the pressure
Come play my game, I'll test ya
Psychosomatic, addict, insane
Breathe the pressure."
Well, it wasn't. Believe me there's much worse to come.

2 comments:

  1. It would be fun to produce one of those 'Prodigy' type songs. Video it in your lounge, cut in some shots of spiders and snakes. Words? Just make them up. Then lots of loud bass and drums. Might get 168M views too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it. I’d use excerpts from the Catechism as lyrics. They are dark and nonsensical.

    ReplyDelete

TAYLOR SWIFT'S MUSIC IS SHIT

  Readers may have noticed that I'm an old bastard and, while I like music in many different styles and genres I haven't kept up to ...