Thursday 12 October 2023

OK - IT'S A FILLER*

 


This clip is from the 1961 film of the same name.

I saw this in Wellington when it was released probably in early 1962. I was 9 years old going on 10. It was the first 'teenage' film I ever saw and was quite different from the other fare I was used to - westerns, war films, comedies and adventure series.

I saw it at the Rivoli -  in Riddiford Street on the other side of the road and a bit north of Wellington Hospital. The other picture theatre in Newtown was The Ascot on the corner of Riddiford Street and Constable Street. The Rivoli was closer for me as I used to walk down the Hall Street zigzag to get there.






* But, admit it, it's better than silly parables.

4 comments:

  1. An interesting piece of history and a great video that took me back. I enjoyed the metronome joke too.

    R (of, ah, you know the rest)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, what does AYKTR stand for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. la madre degli idioti è sempre incinta

      Delete

TAYLOR SWIFT'S MUSIC IS SHIT

  Readers may have noticed that I'm an old bastard and, while I like music in many different styles and genres I haven't kept up to ...