Saturday 6 February 2021

"I TOLD YOU I WAS ILL"

 


For readers of Spike Milligan's wartime autobiography series you will find this interesting


THE BILL HALL TRIO


The Bill Hall Trio was a band that Milligan played in in the last days of the war and for a couple of years afterwards and features strongly in books five through seven. The band was made up of Bill Hall (violin), Johnny Mulgrew (double bass) and Spike Milligan (guitar). They met through the Combined Services Entertainment programme during World War II and the trio continued in the original line-up until 1948 when Milligan left to pursue his solo career (music and comedy). 




7 comments:

  1. Nice. I think I've seen them before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard that Paganini could make the violin say words. This is the closest I've seen. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might enjoy reading the memoirs.
      They start with: 'Adolf Hitler my part in his downfall' and run through to 'Peace Work'. Well worth reading. Read them in order.

      Milligan described Bill Hall's violin playing to be like Paganini along with his likeness.

      Delete
  3. I have read "Adolf Hitler my part in his downfall". Did he also write " A guide to the Catechism of the Catholic Church"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no I don't think he did. He thought that the catholic church, priests and the catechism were, in order, a scam, cunts and bullsit.

      Delete
  4. No, some silly old priest wrote that. That violinist actually wasn't outstanding, he just did a very good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, on rewatching, he's pretty damn good but the other two aren't.

    ReplyDelete

TAYLOR SWIFT'S MUSIC IS SHIT

  Readers may have noticed that I'm an old bastard and, while I like music in many different styles and genres I haven't kept up to ...